In general, all FIFA rules apply to this Tournament (except of corruption). Major exceptions and clarifications are described below. In line with officially practiced FIFA rules, the Referee’s decisions are final. No one shall dispute his decisions in any way, on or off the field during the tournament.
- In accordance with Article 3 of the FIFA Statutes: Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group of people on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, wealth, birth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion.
- There will only be one referee during each match (no linesmen)
- The 36th International Far East Football Tournament will have a “no-age-limit”, “11-a-side”, “11-a-half”, “full-field”, “no-offside”, “rolling-subs”, and “yellow-card-sitout-the-half” format in the OPEN competition, a “over 35-age-limit”, “7-a-side”, “7-a-half”, “half-field”, “no-offside”, “rolling-subs”, and “yellow-card-sit-out-the-game” format in the VETS competition and a “over 45-age-limit”, “7-a-side”, “7-a-half”, “half-field”, “no-offside”, “rolling-subs”, and “yellow-card-sit-out-the-half” format in the MASTERS competition.
- A player’s age is defined by the year he is born. For the VETS competition only players born in the year 1983 or earlier are allowed and for the MASTERS competition only players born in the year 1973 or earlier are allowed. For the MASTERS competition it is additionally allowed to field one (1) only player who is born in the year 1978 or earlier. Players are allowed to play for different teams in different categories: a 45-year old player can play for1 team in the MASTERS competition, 1 team in the VETS competition and 1 team in the OPEN competition. A 35-year old player can play for1 team in the VETS competition and 1 team in the OPEN competition. Players are however not allowed to play for more than one (1) team per each competition, except if the Captains of the two (2) relevant teams (original team and the OPPONENTS of the team the player has switched to) agree to it.
- According to FIFA rules, shin-guards are mandatory equipment.
- In every Competition’s group phase, each team shall be awarded with three (3) points for a win, one (1) point for a draw, and zero (0) point for a loss.
- In contrary to our previous tournaments, NO bonus point shall be rewarded to the winning team that can score three (3) or more goals in one (1) match anymore.
- All matches shall be played according to the tournament schedule as announced by the organizers during the captain’s meeting. Any team arriving more than five (5) minutes late after the scheduled kick-off time, their match shall be considered as forfeiting the match with 0-2 walk-over. The punctual team shall be awarded with two (2) goals and three (3) points. If both teams are late for a group phase game, they shall both be penalized with a 2-0 loss. If both teams are late for a K.O. round game, but one of them can proof to have a full team latest until 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the next K.O. round game, they will be the lucky looser and proceed to this next round. If both teams can proof to have a full team latest until 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the next K.O. round game the lucky looser to proceed to this next K.O. round game will be determined by a lucky draw.
- A team must have a minimum of eight (8) Players for the OPEN (5 for VETS and MASTERS) competition at the start of each of their matches; otherwise the team shall be considered as forfeiting the match with a 0-2 walk-over. The opponent team shall be awarded with two (2) goals and three (3) points accordingly in the group phase or proceed into the next round in the K.O. Phase.
- Unlimited rolling substitutions (“rolling-subs”) are allowed, and players who are substituted are permitted to return to play at a later time within the same match or later matches.
- Substitutions shall be made as the two (2) playing teams see it fit without stopping the match or during match interruptions. Since it is rolling-subs, the on-coming substitute shall exchange places with the out-going player at the same spot on the same sideline. In case of breaking this rule the referee can hand out a yellow card for the player who enters the pitch too early if under his consideration it leads to an advantage for that player’s team.
- In the interest of fairness and controlling rough tackles, late hits & other non-sportsmanlike actions, any player receiving a yellow card during either half of a match will be sent off, without being substituted leaving his team one(1)player less for the remaining minutes of that half or that game. For the OPEN and MASTERS competition the yellow-carded Player shall be permitted to return to the same match in the 2nd half or play in his team’s next match. A Player with two (2) yellow-cards collected in one (1) match shall automatically be sent off, and is suspended for the next match. For the VETS Competition the yellow-carded player will be sent off, without being substituted, until the end of that match (“yellow-card-sit-out-the-game”), leaving his team one(1)player less for the remaining minutes of that game. He shall be permitted to return in his team’s next match.
- In the VETS and MASTERS competitions no sliding tackles close to an opponent are allowed. Goalkeepers can slide in a fair way inside the penalty box, outside the box a goal keeper is considered as a field player and the same rule applies for him as for other field players.
- A direct red card shall lead in all competitions to an immediate send-off from the match as well as an automatic penalty of one (1) match suspension, with the possibility of further disciplinary action by the Organizing Committee.
- The following five (5) criteria shall apply so as to decide the group rankings:  Amount of overall points  Goal difference,  Goals scored,  the score of the match between the deadlocked teams,  Sudden-death-penalty-shoot-out. The winning teams in all competitions shall continue on playing through their Semi Finals and the Final.
- In case the teams draw at the end of the regulation time for the matches there shall be a penalty shootout immediately, without playing any extra time, following the match to decide the winner of the match.
- The following rules shall be observed for all the penalty shoot-outs in this Tournament:
- Before the shoot-out, each team shall select their initial three (3) penalty-taking players from the players being on the field of play at the end of the match, and register their names & numbers with the Referee.
- In case it is still a draw after the initial three (3) players of each team , the winner shall be decided based on the sudden-death penalty shoot-out rule. In case it is still a draw after all the players in either of team’s roster being on the field of play at the end of the match have taken penalties, then the turn rotates and re-starts from the first (1st) Player in the initial three (3) penalty takers followed by the other penalty takers based on the sequence of players and their shirt numbers which are recorded by the Referee.
- The goalkeepers of the teams being on the field of play at the end of the match are part of the team’s roster for the penalty shoot-out and can be chosen at any time of the sequence. However, (barring a serious injury situation) teams must not change goalkeepers after a penalty shoot-out has started.
- The winner of the Final Matches (whether in regulation time or after a possible penalty shoot-out) in all of the competitions shall be declared as the champions of their respective competitions; whilst, of course, the winner of the Cup Competition being the Tournament Champion.
- Medical treatment on site will be offered from Bangkok Hospital free of charge; however any further treatment and services outside the tournament’s compound will be subjected to the normal fees and charges.
- Sunday, after the 1st game of the second round started, the schedule is fixed. Teams need to check their positions and schedules to eventually claim mistakes before the 1st game of the second round on Sunday starts
- The team listed as “Away” in the tournament schedule (i.e. the team that is mentioned second) has to wear the bibs in case both teams’ jerseys need to be differentiated (as ordered by the referee).
Any event not covered above shall be discussed and decided by the Organizing Committee of German All Stars Bangkok during the 2-day Tournament in consultation with the Referees Committee. Inevitably, but authoritatively, their decisions are final!